[MobilePRwire.com] Mountain View, CA - WritePad SDK enables third-party app developers and OEMs to take maximum advantage of state-of-the-art handwriting recognition software for Android OS. The new version of the SDK features an improved handwriting recognition engine, updated APIs supporting UNICODE (UTF-16) text encoding for better compatibility, enhanced documentation and sample code.
PhatWare Corporation, leading professional software and application developer, announces today the immediate availability of the new version of multiplatform, multilingual handwriting recognition WritePad Software Development Kit (SDK) for Android OS. The WritePad SDK 4.2 is now optimized for the latest version of Android 4.4 KitKat, including support for arm, armv7, MIPS, and x86 architectures, improved handwriting recognition quality especially when used for recognition of large digital ink data, and updated UNICODE (UTF-16) APIs for better compatibility with different operating systems. WritePad SDK sample code and documentation have been also updated.
WritePad SDK enables application developers to add handwriting-based text input, which is automatically converted to digital text. The WritePad SDK is also available for OEM licensing. WritePad SDK evaluation is free, while commercial redistribution is royalty-based. To request free evaluation online, inquire about commercial pricing, and for more information about the WritePad SDK, please visit PhatWare’s web site at www.phatware.com/developer.
WritePad SDK Features
• Recognizes natural handwritten text in a variety of handwriting styles: cursive (script), PRINT and MIXed.
• Recognizes dictionary words from its main or user-defined dictionary, as well as non-dictionary words, such as names, numbers and mixed alphanumeric combinations.
• Provides automatic segmentation of handwritten text into words and automatically differentiates between vocabulary and non-vocabulary words, and between words and arbitrary alphanumeric strings.
• Supports 11 languages, including English (US, UK, US Medical), Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazil and Portugal), Spanish, and Swedish.
• Supports Android 2.2 though 4.4, including arm, armv7, MIPS, and x86 architectures.
• Does not require a user to train the software and allows for most users to achieve high accuracy right "out of the box".
• Reliably recognizes handwriting and provides spell checking and word completion features.
WritePad SDK for Android is shipped with the handwriting recognition engine libraries for different device architectures and Android simulator, dictionaries for all supported languages including US Medical dictionary, API header files, documentation, and sample code in Java and C/C++ (JNI). In addition to Android, WritePad SDK is also available on iOS, Microsoft Windows 7/8/8.1 and Windows Phone. To request a free evaluation copy the WritePad SDK, please visit PhatWare web site at http://www.phatware.com/index.php?q=page/writepadsdk/evaluation
Sending A Press Release Easy & Intuitive
The process to submit a release was fairly easy. Often times, submitting releases to PR agencies can get cumbersome since each company has a particular process in which their submission process works, however, MobilePRWire made sending a press release intuitive, easy and within minutes.
Zepi:Classic HD Thrilling Update
Post Brutal Released Today: RPG Cap...