[MobilePRwire.com] AIX EN PROVENCE, FRANCE - Soleasoft Studio has announced iWay GPS Navigation 1.5.8 for iOS, their app that provides global, turn-by-turn driving directions with voice announcements and on-screen maps. Unlike many other PNDs, the app is a one-time purchase, and there are no monthly or yearly fees. The app features: routes for driving, walking, or cycling; Google Maps & Local Search for POIs; several real-time map views; email, SMS, and Facebook connectivity; free updates; and voice navigation while running another app.
Soleasoft Studio has announced iWay GPS Navigation 1.5.8 for iOS, their Navigation app that provides global, turn-by-turn driving directions with voice announcements and on-screen maps. Unlike many other PNDs, the app requires only a one-time purchase, and there are no monthly or yearly fees. Features include: route calculations for driving, walking, or cycling; Google Maps & Local Search for POIs; several different real-time map views; email, SMS, and Facebook connectivity; and voice navigation in the background.
iWay GPS Navigation operates in both portrait and landscape orientations, making data entry and in-vehicle readout very convenient. The launch screen displays four icon buttons: Route, Map, POI, and Settings. The Route screen permits setup of the trip: the addresses of the starting and ending points may be entered manually via the virtual keypad, or automatically via the Here or Home buttons. Addresses may also be accessed directly from the iOS Address Book. Users may optionally enter a third address, a planned stop, or route preference, before route calculation. Routes can be planned for driving, walking, or cycling, and driving routes may include preferences for either highways or roads.
Once the route has been calculated, the Route Details screen appears with the exact Distance of the trip, the Duration, the ETA, the anticipated Average Speed, and the number of steps in the turn-by-turn directions. Before beginning their trip, users may watch a simulation with voice announcements, and control the speed of the playback.
The Map screen displays street-levels Google Maps, and buttons with audio feedback allow zooming in or out, and choosing satellite, street, or hybrid views. The other column of buttons on the Map screen allows Facebook, email, or SMS messaging, as well as overlaid, on-screen control of the iPod app. Both button arrays can be hidden off-screen.
The POI (Points of Interest) screen employs the Apple Cover Flow display of dozens of icons for transportation, restaurants, auto service, parking, Wi-Fi Hotspots, etc. POIs are displayed on Google Maps and may be automatically entered as a destination or starting point.
The General Settings screen includes On/Off toggle switches for the following: Voice, Sound, Metric Measures, Compass, Auto Completion, and Auto Re-Route. Messages via email, SMS, or Facebook can also be sent from this screen.
* Map data is always up-to-date in real time
* Full support for portrait and landscape mode
* Turn-by-turn navigation covers 193 countries with a choice of 45 different voices
* Speed camera warnings as standard with free updates
* 3D Satellite bird’s-eye view
* HD synthesized voice for high quality spoken street names and directions
* Real-time, turn-by-turn voice guidance, can be used while listening to iPod
* Auto Re-route: the app will re-calculate the route if the user deviates from the route or makes an unscheduled stop
* Set start, finish, and optional mid-way point in calculating route
* iPod integration: Listen to your music, audiobooks, & podcasts directly within iWay
* Background voice navigation while using other apps
* Google Local Search integration for the best POI search (millions of POIs available)
* Place a phone call directly from POI search results
* iPhone contacts address book integration
* Share easily your current location, destination, and ETA with friends via email, SMS and Facebook
* Magnetic compass integration for the best map heading experience at low and high speed
* HUD shows real-time current and average speed plus map view of progress along route
* Optimized display for retina screen
* Optimized routes for driving, walking and biking
* Simple, intuitive user interface
* And much more to discover...
Language Support: US English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish
* iPhone 4, 3GS; iPad 1 and 2 (with 3G option); iPod 4 (with an optional GPS kit)
* iOS 4.0 or later (iOS 4.3 tested)
* 12.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
iWay GPS Navigation 1.5.8 is only $3.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Navigation category. Review copies are available upon request.
Sending A Press Release Easy & Intuitive
The process to submit a release was fairly easy. Often times, submitting releases to PR agencies can get cumbersome since each company has a particular process in which their submission process works, however, MobilePRWire made sending a press release intuitive, easy and within minutes.
Zepi:Classic HD Thrilling Update
Post Brutal Released Today: RPG Cap...